Wild Camping and Bushcraft Holidays
If your into a fully immersive back to nature camping experience then our two woodlands Martins Wood and Ower wood are the perfect location. On private land and surrounded by fields Martins wood is secluded and safe for woodland survival and bushcraft events. We are only a 1 hour walk to Holworth Beach, which is one of the wildest spots on the Dorset Coast. You can catch fish, and forage for edible coastal plants to bring back for supper in your woodland camp.
You have the choice of 2 different woodland environments and easy access to the World Heritage Jurassic Coast:
Martin’s Wood - 10 acres, easy access with a car park and compost toilet facilities. Drinking water is available from outdoor taps in Moignes Court courtyard about 500 metres away.
This wood is only accessable by a long private drive so we dont have any people passing by. We do have a woodland manager that lives in this wood who is available if you need help or have any questions during your stay. This wood is big enough that you can find a private spot and will feel totally secluded.
This is the wildest option.
20 acres with no vehicle access and no facilities. This wood has many areas. Some are open clearings, others are dense undergrowth, plantation larch trees, and wild ancient forest areas. It also has the most amazing bluebells in Spring.
This wood is closer to Owermoigne Village than Martins wood and although it is private you may find the odd dog walker or rambler passing through.
- please bring as few cars as possible as parking is limited to 10 spaces
- You are welcome to have small camp fires, but no large bonfires please.
- We ask that you dispose of any poo appropriately by digging a hole and filling it in afterwards or using the compost toilet in martins wood.
- We don’t allow hunting, trapping or shooting on our land.
- There are ticks and adders living in the woods and we ask that you take reasonable precautions against injury as we cannot be held responsible.
- No electronic music
- No partying groups
- Dog friendly, but kept under control please!
- Please leave no trace and respect the land by leaving it as you found it!
We charge £10 per person for The first night of wild camping, and subsequent nights are £5 per night per person.
to contact us about making a booking or hiring the wood to host an event/ Workshop please email [email protected]